Broadcast Television and RadioPrint page
Power dividers are manufactured in a broad range of styles and types for varied applications. Generally a power divider consists of a junction block with a multistage quarter wave transforming section. Unequal power division may be achieved by adding quarter wave transforming sections between the junction block and the outputs.
- Low VSWR
- Wide bandwidth
- Fully welded outer construction
- Connectors are DIN, EIA or IEC standards
- Temperature range -40 to +60 degrees C available
- EIA connectors have fixed male output spigots
- Available in 4 basic series - LPD, MPD, PD and SPD
- Unequal power dividers with a wide range of power division ratios available and engineered to customer requirements. Contact RFS for details.
Power dividers are available in 4 basic series:
- LPD series - Low cost , low power equal split dividers using N type connectors.
- MPD series - Low cost, low power equal split dividers (up to 4 way) using 7/8EIA input connectors and N type output connector.
- PD series - Used for most common applications with up to 8 way division with ratios of up to 7dB in almost any combination. Wideband performance with multistage transforming sections, 7/8EIA flanged input and EIA or DIN output connectors. Connectors are in-line to conserve space.
- SPD series - Similar to PD series but with up to 4 way split. EIA or IEC connectors, short circuit stub across the junction provides tuning and DC grounding. Additional low power arms are available where unequal power splits are required.
Directional 3dB Couplers
This product range is most commonly used within combiners, diplexers and switchframes, but can be used as stand alone combiners and splitters. The flanged versions are fully pressurized to 70kPa and are of gas through construction via the connectors. Crossed outputs (i.e. on same side of coupler) are standard in order to simplify equipment layout (not available in N type versions). Each coupler size is defined by its standard connector size. For example: an FM 3dB coupler rated for 50kW usually has 3-1/8 connectors, so this coupler is defined as a model DC31BU. Using RFS developed R series adaptors for connector sizes 7/8 to 6-1/8, all coupler ports can be adapted to any size flanged or unflanged EIA or IEC standard. A coupler consists of a pair of strip lines approximately a quarter wavelength long configured in such a way to provide the required couplings.
If two signals of similar amplitude in phase quadrature are applied to ports A and B (with B leading) the sum will appear at port C. The arrangement provides good isolation between inputs with low VSWR over a wide bandwidth without adjustment. If the inputs do not have the correct amplitude and/or phase relationship, an out of balance signal is dissipated in a load connected to port D. Conversely a signal applied to port C will split to give two outputs of equal amplitude in quadrature of port A and B.
Rapid Release U Links
Rapid release U links provide manual switching for high power RF circuits. Typical applications include transmitter, antenna and test load patching. Manufactured in custom built configurations ranging from simple patch panels to fully integrated multichannel switching. Features include:
- Fast, simple lever action
- Slimline - low profile design
- Interlock circuits operate before the RF circuit is disturbed
- Available in five sizes to match RFS rigid line sizes/power ratings
- Standard EIA or IEC test adapters can be used
- Input/output line sizes can be varied to suit using RFS developed R series adapters
Rigid Line Components
RFS produces a range of 50 ohm rigid line components. Items for both unpressurized (indoor) systems and pressurized, flanged (outdoor) systems are available in 7/8", 1 5/8", 3 1/8", 4 1/2", 4 7/8" and 6 1/8" sizes. All components are manufactured to the most exacting tolerances. Features include:
- High Conductivity Copper Lines: Line inner and outer tubing is of high conductivity, hard-drawn, copper, milled to exact dimensions. Unflanged components for indoor use are polished and sprayed with a clear lacquer to maintain a high luster finish
- Welded Construction: Flanges and mitered elbow joints are TIG welded for maximum strength
- Low Loss PTFE Dielectric: Captive PTFE dielectric insulators are used exclusively in lines and elbows to ensure precision mating and stability of components after assembly
- Silver Plated Contacts: All inner conductor connectors are silver plated
- Standard Sizes: All components conform to the relevant EIA or IEC standards