Nozay (France), March 6th, 2017 — Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), the global wireless and broadcast infrastructure specialist, announced that it continues to experience worldwide growth in tunnel and in-building deployments in 2016. The company’s market-leading passive and active wireless networking solutions, including RADIAFLEX®, RFS’ patented radiating cables, were used by major mobile operators and integrators to deliver uninterrupted coverage and capacity in some of the most challenging indoor venues, metro rail tunnels, road tunnels, airports, and stadiums.
RFS achieved deployments all over the world in 2016, including:
- Armenia: Multi-band 4G network for commercial radio in the Yerevan Metro
- Belgium: Brussels road tunnels
- Brazil: Multiple high-profile locations including strategic venues for Rio 2016 Olympic Games such as the Main Olympic Stadium (Engenhão Stadium), International Broadcasting Center (IBC), Main Press Center (MPC), Rio Centro venue and projects for more capacity at the Maracanã and Mineirão Stadiums; Several new hotels and malls in Latin America; Mission critical radio network (TETRA) for Metro Rio de Janeiro.
- China: Various RADIAFLEX® radiating cable based coverage solutions thereof Wuhan metro, Qingdao metro, Chengdu metro, Guangzhou metro and Nanning metro (multiple lines)
- Hong Kong: Network replacement at ten selected stations and the associated running tracks on Island Line (ISL), Kwun Tong Line (KTL), Tsuen Wan Line (TWL), Tseung Kwan O Line (TKL) and West Rail Line (WRL) to support the additional mobile phone services of LTE signals in the frequency bands of 1800MHz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz and 2600MHz.
- Denmark: Copenhagen’s Cityringen Metro project dedicated to providing 2G/3G/4G cellular coverage
- Germany: High-speed rail tunnels (mission critical and commercial radio systems), ICE in-train coverage, various in-building and in-tunnel BOS radio systems
- Indonesia: Rail tunnels
- Iran: Metro networks in Mashhad and Shiraz
- Mexico: Several projects in the Mexico City Metro
- Netherlands: Security radio coverage for road tunnels
- Norway: Various road tunnels utilizing TETRA radio
- Republic of Korea: Phase 2 of the Seoul Incheon Airport
- Singapore: North East Line of the Singapore Metro supporting its commercial radio system; Mission critical radio for energy cable tunnels
- Spain: Line 3 of the Bilbao Metro
- Turkey: GSM-R project Kayseri-Sivas-Çetinkaya
- USA: Metro and Subway networks in New York and California;
Cellular and mission critical networks in Washington and New York City; Mining projects; Manufacturing enhanced to support Buy America Act
“These and other projects in 2016 are excellent examples of the flexibility our radiating and feeder cables, jumpers, splitters, connectors and accessories provide to operators around the world for in-tunnel and in-building wireless networking,” said Rodrigo Oliveira, RFS Vice-President Cables & Solutions. “With RFS solutions operators have a variety of options to deliver wireless service to enable the anytime, anywhere connectivity that people are coming to expect, wherever they happen to be. Operators around the world can now provide wireless service in areas where only recently they were unable to do so. Wireless coverage in the most challenging of physical environments is possible with RFS.”
To highlight an already successful year, RFS was honored to provide wireless communication systems for several main venues hosting the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. RFS’ turnkey solution included provision of active DAS system equipment and passive components. RFS also managed the project to ensure reliable, high-capacity wireless communications at the Games. Additionally, RFS expanded its U.S. manufacturing capabilities in 2016 to offer faster delivery of its radiating cable products for North American customers and to support the Buy America Act.
The RFS RADIAFLEX® suite of radiating cables is designed to provide wireless broadband coverage for confined areas. The unique design allows RFS to offer cables that support current and future indoor commercial and essential radio services from 30 MHz to 2700 MHz and above for valuable cost savings. The broadband feature enables cables to work on different bands in one single coverage system, thereby supporting multiple carriers and multiple standards sharing the same infrastructure.
RFS CELLFLEX® foam dielectric feeder cables provide a reliable and technically superior solution when used as backbone feeders in cellular radio systems, including GSM, UMTS and LTE networks. They are also used for DAS radio equipment interconnections and jumper assemblies. Once installed, these cables ensure uninterrupted communications with low attenuation and complete shielding. Superior voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) performance and low Passive Intermodulation (PIM) of RFS cables and components help maintain system integrity at all times. And a full range of flame- and fire-retardant feeder and radiating cables is available, which meet the most stringent requirements and safety standards for indoor applications.
Trademarks: Radio Frequency Systems®, RFS®, RADIAFLEX®, and CELLFLEX® are trademarks of Radio Frequency Systems. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Radio Frequency Systems (RFS) is a global designer and manufacturer of cable, antenna and tower systems, plus active and passive RF conditioning modules, providing total-package solutions for wireless infrastructure.
RFS serves OEMs, distributors, system integrators, operators and installers in the broadcast, wireless communications, land-mobile and microwave market sectors. As an ISO compliant organization with manufacturing and customer service facilities that span the globe, RFS offers cutting-edge engineering capabilities, superior field support and innovative product design. RFS is a leader in wireless infrastructure.
RFS Press Contact
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Phone: + 1 203 630 3311
Cell: + 1 203 715 1595