RFS’ Groundbreaking Active-Passive Antenna Among the Innovations the Company Will Feature at MWC Americas 2018
Meriden, CT, August 28, 2018 – Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global designer and manufacturer of total-package solutions for wireless and broadcast infrastructure, today announced that it will feature several of its most innovative advances in radio frequency (RF) technology at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Americas 2018, September 12-14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC). The company will showcase its solutions in Meeting Rooms 512A and 512B on Level 2 of the West Hall.
Innovations to help operators evolve to a 5G future
AT MWC Americas 2018, RFS will feature innovations that are directly tied to operators’ most pressing requirements as they evolve their networks:
- Active-Passive Antennas (APAs): Massive MIMO (mMIMO) technology is a key enabler for Advanced LTE (4.9G) and 5G ecosystems. But, severe space constraints in dense urban environments make it extremely difficult for operators to add antennas to support new technologies. RFS’ APAs solve this challenge by tightly integrating mMIMO and 4G passive systems into a single chassis with several shared electronic and RF components. This integration is achieved through close collaboration with radio original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). RFS will showcase two APA versions at MWC Americas 2018. John Cole, RFS’ Vice President of Product Management for Base Station Antennas, will be on hand to provide expert insight into this revolutionary, and highly practical, two-in-one antenna system.
- Small cell macro site solutions: With the boom in small cell deployments, operators have a growing range of requirements for small cell antennas and RF conditioning products. RFS will showcase how it is responding to the small cell challenge with a comprehensive range of panel and omni Base Station Antennas and RF Conditioning products, including some of the smallest diplexers available on the market. RFS’ small cell base station antennas reduce port counts and visual impact and include azimuth and mounting options. The RF Conditioning products feature low insertion loss, an extremely compact design, and best-in-class PIM levels.
- HYBRIFLEX® hybrid cables for mMIMO: To further illustrate how it is helping operators take advantage of mMIMO technology, RFS will showcase new, mMIMO versions of its HYBRIFLEX hybrid cables along with other examples of these trusted and proven cables. The mMIMO HYBRIFLEX cables combine up to 48 pair of fiber optic cables with up to 6 pair of DC power cables in a single cable.
- Antenna, cable and filter innovations: RFS will also showcase its ability to address the full breadth of wireless infrastructure challenges with solutions, such as:
- Dual-band microwave antennas that help operators keep up with increasing capacity demands, make better use of available spectrum, and reduce installation and tower leasing costs.
- RADIALFEX® radiating cables that are ideal for dual-cable MIMO solutions in the most challenging in-building and tunnel environments. Dual-cable MIMO solutions combine “matched” radiating cables to maximize data throughput while enabling infrastructure sharing across bands, technologies, and operators with no stop bands.
CELLFLEX® SecureFit RF Jumpers that include a cost-effective and exceptionally easy-to-install weatherproofing boot preassembled on the jumper.
- Broadcast Auxiliary Service (BAS) filters that eliminate all AWS-1 and AWS-3 spectrum interference to improve transmission quality and reliability for BAS channels 1 through 10.
Request a Meeting
To reserve time with our experts at MWC Americas 2018, contact Paula Mennone at email@example.com.
RFS Press Contact
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Phone: + 1 203 630 3311
Cell: + 1 203 715 1595