RFS In-Tunnel and In-Building Solutions Chosen for Some of the Most High-Profile Deployments in the World in 2017
Hannover (Germany), February 23, 2018 – Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global designer and manufacturer of cable, antenna and tower systems providing total-package solutions for wireless and broadcast infrastructure, today announced that its innovative in-tunnel and in-building solutions were chosen for some of the most high-profile indoor communications projects in the world in 2017.
Highlights for 2017 include:
- Crossrail railway, London: RFS provided its unique, dual-cable multiple input multiple output (MIMO) solution for one of the world’s first MIMO deployments and one of the most significant infrastructure projects ever undertaken in the UK. The innovative RFS solution uses 42 km (26 miles) of dual-polarized radiating cables and antennas to enable communications in new tunnel sections and 10 new stations along the rail line.
- CERN Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS), Geneva: RFS’ radiating cables were installed in the Super Proton Synchrotron, a particle accelerator at the world famous nuclear research organization’s accelerator complex. Measuring nearly 7 km (4.3 miles) in circumference, the SPS is the second-largest machine at the complex and the workhorse of CERN’s particle physics program.
- Big business in Brazil: RFS’ active and passive single input single output (SISO) and MIMO solutions were chosen to enable wireless communications in more than 20 major shopping malls and corporate buildings as well as an international airport and a stadium in Brazil. The large number of wins confirms our strong in-building leadership in the region.
- High-profile buildings around the world: RFS’ in-building solutions were selected to enable seamless, high-quality communications in a number of high-profile buildings, including the Louvre Abu Dhabi, the Munich Airport, the US Bank (Super Bowl) Stadium in Minneapolis and the massive Mall of America in Bloomington.
“We had a very successful year in 2017,” said Axel Schroeder, Regional Product Manager for Wireless Indoor Solutions at RFS. “Our in-tunnel and in-building solutions are increasingly being recognized for their ability to enable very high quality, uninterrupted communications in some of the most high-profile, yet challenging indoor locations in the world. Whether they need to bring communications to the deepest, longest tunnels or the largest building complexes, our customers know they can rely on us to deliver innovative and robust solutions that will meet their toughest requirements for years to come.”
RFS’ in-tunnel and in-building solutions feature:
- RADIAFLEX® radiating cables that enable wireless broadband coverage in the most confined spaces. RADIAFLEX cables feature a unique design that provides contoured RF coverage for all mission-critical and commercial wireless services and supports multiple operators for flexible, scalable and cost-effective indoor coverage.
- CELLFLEX® foam dielectric cables that are ideal as backbone feeder cables for 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G cellular radio systems and to interconnect distributed antenna system (DAS) radio equipment and jumper assemblies. CELLFLEX cables provide superior electrical performance characteristics to ensure uninterrupted communications with low attenuation and complete shielding.
RFS radiating and feeder cables are also available in a full range of flame- and fire-retardant variants, making them ideal to meet stringent public safety standards anywhere indoors.
|Metro Sofia Line 3||Bulgaria||•|
|Road tunnel in British Columbia||Canada||•|
|PTC (Positive Train Control Radio) project||Canada||•|
|Qingdao R3 Tetra/LTE||China||•|
|Qingdao R3 Police||China||•|
|Wuhan line 6 LTE, Line 7 LTE, Line 8 LTE, Line 11 LTE, Line 21 LTE||China||•|
|Nanning Line 3, mission critical radio||China||•|
|Nanning Line 3 LTE||China||•|
|Jinan R1 LTE||China||•|
|Lanzhou Line 1, mission critical radio||China||•|
|Jinan Metro line R3||China||•|
|SERVICOM – TUNEL RENACER, BOGOTA –VILLAVICENCIO, mission critical radio||Colombia||•|
|Metro Prague||Czech Republic||•|
|Quito Metro, mission critical radio||Ecuador||•|
|Metro Hamburg, extension line 4||Germany||•|
|Berlin Metro Berlin, Line 5||Germany||•|
|Metro / LTE upgrade Phase II||Hong Kong||•|
|MTR / Liantang Station||Hong Kong||•|
|Zhuhai-Macau bridge||Hong Kong||•|
|Railway tunnel – Monte Poggio Maria, Sicilia||Italy||•|
|Seoul Incheon Airport Extensions, mission critical radio||Korea||•|
|Sheik Jaber Overwater Causeway||Kuwait||•|
|Multiple Road Tunnels, mission critical radio||Norway||•|
|Doha Metro and Lusail Light Rail||Qatar||•|
|Metro Bucharest Line 4 Extension, mission critical radio||Romania||•|
|Changi Airport Line - Metro, commercial radio||Singapore||•|
|Thomson East Coast Line / Metro, construction radio||Singapore||•|
|Thomson East Coast Line / Metro, mission critical radio||Singapore||•|
|Thomson East Coast Line / Metro, commercial radio||Singapore||•|
|CERN Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS)||Switzerland||•|
|High Speed Railway||Taiwan||•|
|Taipei MRT Xin -I Line, Lu- Zhou Line and Xin-Zhuang Line||Taiwan||•|
|Kaohsiung Metro Red Line and Orange Line||Taiwan||•|
|Bangkok metro / Green Line Extension, mission critical radio||Thailand||•|
|London Crossrail Project||United Kingdom||•|
|New York East Side Access Rail||USA||•|
|Los Angeles Metro||USA||•|
|MARTA, Atlanta, GA||USA||•|
|Shopping Catuai Londrina - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Brasilia - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Visitor Center Corcovado - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Bossa Nova (Hotel) - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Casa & Gourmet - Ativo MIMO + Outdoor Coverage||Brazil||•|
|Bangu Shopping - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Suzano Shopping - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Partage Shopping Mossoro - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping 3 Americas - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Montes Claro - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Brazil Park Shopping - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Itaguai - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Salgado Filho International Airport – Porto Alegre/Brazil - MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Usiminas Corporate building - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Mineirao Stadium, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Ponteio Lar Center, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Forum Lafaieti, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping 50 Avenida, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|TOTVS Corporate building, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Copasa Nova Lima, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Anglo American (Building Century Tower´s), LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Mineirinho Stadium, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|ArcelorMittal Corporate Building, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|Shopping Patio Savassi, LTE - SISO||Brazil||•|
|CLARO CLARO Headquarters building SP Passivo MIMO||Brazil||•|
|Zagreb – HOTO Tower RLKU78, Elevator coverage||Croatia||•|
|Munich Airport, mission critical DAS||Germany||•|
|German Countrywide TETRA Rollout (multiple buildings)||Germany||•|
|Louvre Abu Dhabi||UAE||•|
|Mall of America, Bloomington, Minnesota||USA||•|
|US Bank (Superbowl) Stadium, Minnesota||USA||•|
Trademarks: RFS®, RADIAFLEX® and CELLFLEX® are registered trademarks of Radio Frequency Systems. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Radio Frequency Systems (RFS) is a global designer and manufacturer of cable, antenna and tower systems, plus active and passive RF conditioning modules, providing total-package solutions for wireless infrastructure.
RFS serves OEMs, distributors, system integrators, operators and installers in the broadcast, wireless communications, land-mobile and microwave market sectors. As an ISO compliant organization with manufacturing and customer service facilities that span the globe, RFS offers cutting-edge engineering capabilities, superior field support and innovative product design. RFS is a leader in wireless infrastructure.
RFS Press Contact
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Phone: + 1 203 630 3311
Cell: + 1 203 715 1595