7/8" RADIAFLEX® RAY Cable, A-series
Rev : P1 | Rev date : 11 May 2017
- RADIAFLEX® functions as a distributed antenna to provide communications in tunnels, mines and large building complexes and is the solution for any application in confined areas.
- Slots in the copper outer conductor allow a controlled portion of the internal RF energy to be radiated into the surrounding environment. Conversely, a signal transmitted near the cable will couple into the slots and be carried along the cable length.
- RADIAFLEX® is used for both one-way and two-way communication systems and because of its broadband capability, a single radiating cable can handle multiple communication systems simultaneously.
- This RADIAFLEX® radiating cable utilize a low-loss cellular polyethylene foam dielectric and a smooth copper outer conductor which offers a superior electrical performance together with good bending properties.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
- Broadband from 30 MHz to 1000 MHz
- Optimized for high frequencies and digital transmission
- Low coupling loss variation
- For tunnel applications
|Max. Operating Frequency|| MHz||1000|
|Impedance||Ohm||50 +/- 2|
|Capacitance|| pF/m (pF/ft)||75 (22.9)|
|Inductance, uH/m (uH/ft)||µH/m (µH/ft)||0.188 (0.057)|
|DC-resistance inner conductor, ohm/km (ohm/1000ft)||Ω/km (Ω/1000ft)||1.74 (0.53)|
|DC-resistance outer conductor, ohm/km (ohm/1000ft)||Ω/km (Ω/1000ft)||2.52 (0.77)|
|Stop bands|| MHz||240-300, 500-590, 750-860|
|Frequency Selection|| MHz||600, 900|
|Jacket Description||Halogen free, non corrosive, flame and fire retardant, low smoke, polyolefin|
|Slot Design||Groups of slope slots at short intervals|
|Inner Conductor Material||Copper Tube|
|Outer Conductor Material||Overlapping Copper Strip|
|Diameter Inner Conductor|| mm (in)||9.3 (0.37)|
|Diameter Outer Conductor|| mm (in)||23.8 (0.94)|
|Diameter over Jacket Nominal|| mm (in)||28.5 (1.12)|
|Minimum Bending Radius, Single Bend|| mm (in)||350 (13.8)|
|Cable Weight|| kg/m (lb/ft)||0.55 (0.37)|
|Tensile Force||N (lb)||2300 (507)|
|Indication of Slot Alignment||Bulge atop slots|
|Recommended / Maximum Clamp Spacing|| m (ft)||0.9 (3)|
|Minimum Distance to Wall|| mm (in)||80 (3.15)|
Testing and Environmental
|Jacket Testing Methods||Test methods for fire behaviour of cable : |
IEC 60754-1/-2 smoke emission: halogen free, non corrosive
IEC 61034 low smoke
IEC 60332-1 flame retardant
IEC 60332-3-24 fire retardant
UL1666, ASTM E 662, NES711 and NES713
|Storage Temperature|| °C(°F)||-70 to 85 (-94 to 185 )|
|Installation Temperature|| °C(°F)||-25 to 60 (-13 to 140 )|
|Operation Temperature|| °C(°F)||-40 to 85 (-40 to 185 )|
Attenuation and Power Rating
|Frequency, MHz||Longitudinal Loss, dB/100 m (dB/100 ft)||Coupling Loss 50%, dB||Coupling Loss 95%, dB|
- Coupling loss as well as longitudinal attenuation of RADIAFLEX® cables are measured by the free space method according to IEC 61196-4.
- Coupling loss values are measured with a radial (below 300 MHz) or orthogonal (above 300 MHz) orientated dipole antenna.
- The coupling loss values given in brackets are average values of all three spatial orientations (radial, parallel and orthogonal) of dipole antenna.
- Coupling loss values are given with a tolerance of +5 dB and longitudinal loss values with a tolerance of +5%. Note: Measured values below nominal are better. They are not limited by any tolerance-range.
- In case of a conflict of operational and stop band, please contact RFS for further assistance.
- As with any radiating cable, the performance in building or tunnel environments may deviate from figures based on free space method.